It is not often that I have a hankering for something sweet. But, when I do, Chocolate Truffles hit the spot! With only 4 ingredients they are super easy to make – my kind of recipe!
I am much more a salty foods person. Give me chips or cheese and crackers and I’m happy. That being said, there are times when nothing but something sweet will satisfy. Since Chocolate Truffles are so quick to make, it is a great recipe to have for a last minute treat!
Chocolate Truffles only have 4 ingredients! You mix it all together in one bowl, chill and roll into balls. How easy is that?
Don’t think that just because they are so easy that they cannot possibly taste good.
Ohhh, contraire! They are delicious!
So, be quick about it, get up and go make some right now! You’ll be glad you did.
As a matter of fact, I think I’ll go make a batch too (when I’m finished here) since I have eaten them all!
One tip before I give you the recipe: Since Chocolate Truffles have coconut oil in them and coconut oil is liquid at room temperature which is around 75°F, be sure to refrigerate them until you are ready to serve.
Or, maybe we just keep our home warmer – we do heat with a wood stove which has caused me to open windows or walk outside in freezing weather because I am so hot!
Any-who, these definitely rank high on my list for a Valentine’s treat. Then again, Chocolate Truffles rank high on my list for an “anytime treat”.
With their healthy ingredients, I love keeping them on hand for a quick treat and indulge at will! After all, what a great way to help get your daily dose of good-for-you coconut oil?
Chocolate Truffles - 4 Ingredients!
yield 24 - 1" balls
- 1 c. cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. melted coconut oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 c. honey (to taste)
- 1/2 c. coconut cream - the cream found at the top of the can of unsweetened coconut milk
- Mix all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Use a fork and make sure to mix well.
- Cover and place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out a spoonful of the hardened chocolate and roll it in your hands - be gentle because it softens with the heat of your hands.
- Roll into balls.
- If desired, coat each truffle with cocoa powder or shredded coconut.
- Place on a plate and cover.
- I like to keep mine in the refrigerator for a quick treat!