Chocolate cake is good.
But, Chocolate Candy Bar Cake is better!
In fact, Chocolate Candy Bar Cake is quite possibly the best and last chocolate cake recipe you will need!
If you are looking for a decadent dessert, look no farther – the Chocolate Candy Bar Cake recipe is it!
Now, “need” may not be the appropriate word when talking about a chocolate cake but you gotta try this recipe – I think you will agree that you “need” it!
I always start with the Lazy Woman’s Chocolate Cake recipe as a base but if you are short on time, a chocolate cake mix works too. Actually, I think I can have the Lazy Woman’s Chocolate Cake recipe mixed up in almost the same amount of time as it takes to open a box and add eggs, oil and water – and without the added preservatives!
Please Note: While this recipe does not fall into the traditional foods category, there are times when we give in to our desire to eat and enjoy something sweet. I do reserve this recipe for special occasions as part of the 80/20 Rule, and, it is delicious!
Chocolate Candy Bar Cake
yield 1 cake
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Prepare the Lacy Woman's Cake or cake mix according to directions. Pour into 3 greased 8" round pans.
- Bake at 325F for 20-25 min. or until a fork comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pans for 10 min.
- Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and sugar at medium speed with mixer until creamy.
- Chop 8 candy bars finely.
- Fold cream cheese mixture and chopped candy into whipped topping.
- Spread icing between layers and on the top and sides.
- Chop the remaining 2 candy bars and sprinkle over the top of the cake.
- Serve and Enjoy!