Yogo-Mayo Dressing is the new Green Goddess dressing!
Do you remember Green Goddess dressing?
So, I may be dating myself but, I think it was popular in the 70’s and 80’s. Anyway, it was good and this is a healthy version of the dressing as I remember it.
You probably know how I feel about probiotics by now – but, if not, let me tell you! Probiotics are beneficial bacteria for your gut health. Gut disbyosis is a common problem among our generation primarily because of the processed foods eaten. They affect the balance of the bacterial in our gut and it becomes out of whack – the “bad” bacteria become predominant occupants and this may cause a host of physical and even psychological problems. Available from my affiliate partner, Gut and Psychology Syndrome by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride deals with gut disbyosis in detail and I highly recommend it!
But, what does this have to do with Yogo-Mayo Dressing?
Yogo-Mayo Dressing not only tastes great but it has the added advantage of yogurt as an ingredient. Yogurt is a probiotic meaning that it contains beneficial bacteria which is good for your intestinal health. I love it when I can sneak probiotics into a meal without detection!!
Be sure to make Yogo-Mayo dressing ahead and refrigerate it so the ingredients meld their flavors.
In the following recipe, I have linked to products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend.
- 1/2 c mayonnaise (Basic or Lacto-Fermented)
- 1/4 tsp salt (where to buy REAL salt)
- 1/4 c yogurt (Make your own!)
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 c parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/8 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
If you are looking for organic herbs & spices Click Here.
- Blend all the ingredients together except the mayonnaise. I use the food processor and it works very well.
- Add the mayonnaise and blend well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.